Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:25:22 +0900

> I would note too that I'm currently trying to identify a frequent
> crash that occurs on Mac OS/X (1-4 times daily).  This is a new
> breakage, as earlier versions of Emacs were quite stable.

I guess some of them are related to repeated C-g.  Is that right?  I
think mac_check_for_quit_char (in macterm.c) needs some changes so
that it reflects the recent changes on kbd_buffer_store_event_hold (in
keyboard.c).

> I'm still watching for another crash, to find if it's all the same
> source.  The last one was at:

>  XDrawString (display=0xbfffd6a4, w=0xffffffff, gc=0xbfffd69c, x=1,
> y=-1441792, buf=0xffea0000 <Address 0xffea0000 out of bounds>,
> nchars=25559642) at macterm.c:779
>  779       mac_draw_string_common (display, w, gc, x, y, buf, nchars, srcOr,
> 1);

Seems like you compiled with `-O2 -g'.  In my experience, gdb in Mac
OS X sometimes shows wrong values about function arguments if emacs is
compiled with optimization options.  Maybe you can obtain more correct
information if compiled without `-O2'.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden