Signing local variable lists.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Signing local variable lists.
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 10:57:46 -0400

To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Is this a bad idea?
From: Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden>
Date: 07 Apr 2004 21:30:06 -0400
Sender: GNU User <address@hidden>

> Obviously, this also makes it possible for me to look at the local
> variable block once, decide that it is good enough for me, and sign
> it.

I could think in another scheme where the same block can be signed by
different people at the same time, so in theory the more signatures it
has, the most trust you can have that it is the real thing.

The signatures could be stored in the same file, or we could have a
special directory where you store signatures and a table that shows to
which file they belong.

> Any change in local variables will render the signature invalid, of
> course.

I agree.

Hope it helps,
- --