Re: Strange problem with latest CVS

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Strange problem with latest CVS
Date: 13 Apr 2004 20:33:18 +0200

>     It seems that (at least) widgets related code doesn't set evaporate to
>     their overlays(*). My question was whether I should fix it.
>     Now, your answer is obvious. I will fix it.
>
> No!  These overlays should not evaporate.
> If they evaporate, the form won't work any more.

Unless I misunderstand, they will evaporate only when the underlying
buffer content gets deleted to prepare the buffer for insertion of new
contents.  The old overlays/buttons are then completely useless to
keep around.

When they evaporate, they do it at a time when there is no form left
that could be working.

So I think the solution proposed by Masatake Yamato is the correct
one, unless I misunderstand the problem.