Re: Compilation to native

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Compilation to native
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:00:28 -0400

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:03:41PM +0100, Matthew Mundell wrote:
> > Sounds generally useful (something similar is used in the `lexical' branch
> > of Miles, you might want to check that out).
>
> I've been verging on checking out his branch, but have been putting
> off learning arch, partly because the documentation is excluded from
> Debian, mostly because it looks like it'll take a while.

A simple `check out a tree' usage with tla is only two commands (basically
the same as CVS, but the archive location is set with a command instead of an
envvar/option).

However, I also maintain a CVS branch for this, called `lexbind'.

BTW I noticed that one difference between our commands is that my stack
ref/set ops use the _absolute_ position on the stack (counted from the base),
not a TOS-relative position.

-Miles
--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson