Re: making iswitchb the default

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: making iswitchb the default
Date: 15 Apr 2004 12:52:10 +0200

Stephen Eglen <address@hidden> writes:

> Just in case people don't know, both these issues can be addressed:
>
> iswitchb-buffer-ignore's value is ("^ ") and so you can switch off the
> mechanism that removes buffers beginning with space.
>
> For the cvs example, if you do "*cvs* C-j" rather than RET, you will
> get *cvs* if it exists; if it does not you will be asked whether you
> want to create that buffer.

Both of these are highly non-obvious: you have to read the manual,
and they are not expected behavior at all.  Since we are talking
about a _default_ behavior here, this is rather relevant.

We should not exchange a default behavior from one that is easily
understandable without reading the manual to one that isn't.