Re: problem with self-contained emacs

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: problem with self-contained emacs
Date: 15 Apr 2004 15:54:42 +0200

ST> Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the country.
ST> Does anyone else have an idea about this.  I know the problem is related to
ST> init_mac_osx_environment (sp?) and other people have gotten it to work.

ST> Thanks,
ST> -Steven

ST> On Apr 7, 2004, at 8:38 PM, Jordan Breeding wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am building emacs from cvs.  If I set self_contained=yes in the
>> make-package script everything seems to go fine during the build.  Then
>> I can check the Emacs.app package and it has everything include,
>> however, when I launch the resulting app from the finder or from the
>> command line `/Application/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs` (I think that
>> is it, you get the point...) Emacs complains that it can't find
>> /usr/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/{lisp,leim,site-lisp}.  It still seems to
>> find the version included in itself from the self_contained=yes, because
>> syntax hilighting and other things still work.  Is there a way to fix it
>> so that self contained Emacs.app doesn't look anywhere else for default
>> files (I also load files from other places but those are taken care of
>> via add directories to the load list with my .emacs file)?

I once got the same problem. You get it when you first build emacs from
the main directory, and the run make-package from the mac directory, I
think. The first step inserts /usr/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/.. in a
couple of variables.

I now do the configure and if necessary a make bootstrap in the main
directory and then run make-package as:

./make-package --no-conf --self-contained --build-in-place
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden