Re: Several suggestions for image support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Several suggestions for image support
Date: 16 Apr 2004 13:34:38 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Kim F. Storm wrote:
>
> > I understand now -- yes it is silly to try to guess something which
> > is already there.
> > Would somebody want to work on fixing this?
>
> What's to fix? There is already code there to create a mask from
> transparent parts of a PNG image with transparency.

Hmmm.  Do you have any evidence of it working?  I have stuff here
involving several complicated things, and it would appear to me that
the image stuff would be the most likely culprit.

Anyway: if :heuristic-mask is true, but the majority of corner pixels
is transparent, it would be nice if just transparency was used as the
mask criterion.  That way I get at least a heuristic mask if the image
creating process does not support transparency, but get the
transparence if it is available in the image.  It is not always easy
to know in advance.