Re: errors from M-x grep

From: Andreas Büsching
Subject: Re: errors from M-x grep
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:05:11 +0200

Hi,

Harald Maier wrote:
"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:
I see the error with GTK, Motif, Lucid, no toolkit, no X and on Mac
OSX so it is a lisp problem.

If you remove the progmodes/grep.elc file in the installed lisp
directory, things work OK.  There is obviously a problem with
compiling grep.el, but what is is I don't know.

Yes, you are right. I removed the grep.elc file and then all seems to
work fine. Andreas, maybe this works for you too.

I already found a way to get it working again, but I don't know the exact reasons for that. I just made a complete new installation. Removing the grep.elc file was not my solution, because I still have this file.

crunchy