Re: Emacs Explorer?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Emacs Explorer?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:50:36 +0200

Those of you who use Emacs and also drag text: What is the advantage? Since
the region is automatically copied to the kill-buffer, and an MB3 click
kills it, and an MB2 click pastes it elsewhere, how could dragging be easier
(than MB1332 or MB1drag32)?  I don't get it.

What do you mean by MB1332 and MB1drag32?

If we ignore dragging to other applications for now, it is mostly what
you are used to.  Many applications do not paste on MB2, so if you have
the habit of using DND, that is what you like to do.  BTW, MB3 does not
kill the region for me (emacs -q), it extends it.

Then there are other details, like the visual feedback is better for DND.
You can often change a copy to a cut/paste or vice versa by a press of a
button when the drag is ongoing.

        Jan D.