Re: M-x gdb troubles

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: M-x gdb troubles
Date: 23 Apr 2004 11:07:41 -0400

> It could be split but, currently, the other debuggers couldn't use these
> other windows.

AFAIU, they indeed don't use most of them, but they all use "a source
window", except that they just use pop-to-buffer to display it rather than
gdb-source-window.

I personally like the use of pop-to-buffer over gdb-source-window because of
my Emacs setup so I'd like gdb-ui to be able to use this simpler gud
scheme, but I expect other people will like the gdb-source-window kind of
usage and will want it to be used for other gud modes as well.

Hence a sort of merge.  As said, I'm proposing this without having really
looked at the code, so it may be impractical.  But I think we should move
in this direction.

        Stefan