Re: Invalid read syntax for compiled bool vector

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Invalid read syntax for compiled bool vector
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:29:55 -0400

    I have now changed the print syntax to always use octal escapes for
    non-ascii characters in the bool-vector string.  This way the string will
    always be read as unibyte string, avoiding all coding issues.

That was too hasty.  As I mentioned earlier, this solution would cause
some previously-written bool-vectors to be read wrong.

If nobody has any previously-written bool-vectors, that incompatibility
does not matter, but are we confident of that?  And is there a better way?