Re: Menu suggestion

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Menu suggestion
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:12:36 -0400

    You seem to assume that the tutorial has something to do with efficiently
    using Emacs.  If so, I think it should spend more time explaining C-M-f and
    C-M-u (random examples) then C-f and C-n.

The tutorial's job is to get people started on the path.  The tutorial
is already rather long, and if we added the many other commands that
are useful to various classes of users, it would be far too long.
The idea is that the tutorial gets people started, and they learn
the rest from the Emacs manual.