Re: Proposal for extending set-process-filter

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Proposal for extending set-process-filter
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:44:21 -0400

    What I proposed was intended to redirect output (possibly just on one
    file descriptor of stdout and stderr) to a potentially _different_
    buffer.

In general, when the output from a process goes into a buffer, we want
the process to have that buffer as its process buffer.  In the
exceptional case where we do not want that buffer to be its process
buffer, we could easily write a filter function to insert the output
into a buffer.