Re: Insert character pairs

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Insert character pairs
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:48:48 +0300

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Why not start from skeleton-insert-paren-maybe ?
>> It doesn't work with key modifiers.
>
> That why I said "start" rather than "use".  I know it requires changes.

I am not sure that the meaning of arguments of `skeleton-insert-paren-maybe'
should be redefined.  It clearly declares its purpose by the first line
of docstring:

"Insert the character you type ARG times."

So, perhaps, a new function could be created with a different purpose.

But then why create a new function if the existing `open-parenthesis'
can be easily improved with retaining backward compatibility?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/