Re: isearch-yank-char

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch-yank-char
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:52:28 +0300

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> I think it would be a good idea to resolve this issue before implementing
> a C-b.  I'm not sure whether I'd rather do without C-b here than have
> some ugly inconsistency, even if that inconsistency only appears in
> marginal circumstances.

Relying on existing isearch functions guarantees its consistency,
i.e. when a character is removed from the end of isearch-string,
and isearch state is updated by the standard isearch function,
it produces good results: its state is updated according to
isearch-string without backtracking.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/