Feature freeze and Tramp?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Feature freeze and Tramp?
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 20:43:56 +0200

I'm not sure what I should do about Tramp given the feature freeze.  I
would like to merge 2.0.40 with Emacs, but it is not purely a bugfix
release: 2.0.39 contained half of the functionality needed for
password caching (it has the password cache), 2.0.40 supplies the
other half (it /uses/ the password cache).

There is now a stable branch in the Tramp repository so that it is
easier to make sure that future revisions in the 2.0 series are
bugfix-only.

What should I do?

tia,
Kai