Re: threaded code in bytecode.c

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: threaded code in bytecode.c
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 18:20:59 -0400

the main possible benefit of this change is a speedup.  How much
speedup do you observe from it?  It would be good to compare various
GCC optimization levels as well as the two versions of the code.

A large part of your change seems to be in the indentation of the
#define's for bytecode operations.  Please do not combine such a large
cosmetic change with any substantive change.

I think it is better to leave that indentation the way it is, but if
we do change it, we should install that change separately.