Re: Encryption code is ok

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Encryption code is ok
Date: 05 May 2004 00:28:27 +0200

> After further discussion with our lawyer I've concluded that it really
> is ok to have encryption code in Emacs.  So there is no need to
> remove that.

That's a relief.  Throwing out anything that could potentially made to
interface to encryption would really prove painful.

Ok, not that the efficiency of Emacs Lisp would make this feasible,
but just for the record: does your question encompass just code
interfacing to cryptographic applications, or even cryptographic code
itself written in Emacs Lisp?  The question is purely academic, so
don't exert any time for research if the answer is not clear, anyway.