Re: compilation-highlight-duration

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: compilation-highlight-duration
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:20:23 -0400

    Your question is understandable in case of `next-error' where cursor
    lands directly on the subject line.  The suggested user control is
    useful in case of `next-error-no-select' which is used in Grep mode.

Could you explain why and how you use next-error-no-select in Grep
mode?  I would have thought that is something useful only for programs
to call.  I don't see a use for next-error-no-select has, except as a
subroutine to build other things on.

So I tend to think that the caller of next-error-no-select should
arrange to show the user the line in question.  next-error-no-select
should not do so itself.