Re: +face-remapping-20040505-0.patch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: +face-remapping-20040505-0.patch
Date: 10 May 2004 09:42:16 +0900

>      * In a face property, a list of faces is interpreted so that earlier
> faces in
>        the list _override_ later faces in the list.
>
>      * In an face-inheritance list, _later_ faces override earlier faces.
>
> The order should be reversed for face-inheritance.  The face that
> comes first should always override those that come after.

Ok; that's a slight incompability, so it should have a NEWS entry,
right?

BTW, I think perhaps the name `face-override-alist' is a better
(clearer) name than `face-remapping-alist', especially if it essentially
supports the same syntax as a face property.  What do you think?

-Miles
--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]