Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:53:05 +0200

I have zero knowledge about the GTK code within Emacs but this problem
is related to refreshing the buffer which is not a GTK widget, is it?

No, but I guess you only have one CPU, so if scrollbar rendering takes
longer time, there is less time to update the buffer.

OK, I see. But I guess Emacs' interaction with GTK widget is different from
standard GTK applications.

Very much so.  Some of it is due to the way Emacs is made, and some is
due to the way GTK is made.  It is not a good fit...

        Jan D.