Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors
Date: 19 May 2004 15:37:16 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> > So I think you'd have to explicitly include the dividing point, e.g.:
> >
> >    (defmacro rcurry (f &rest args)
> >      `(curry rcurry-helper (length args) f ,@args))
>
> If one does need a helper, one could probably just do
>
> (defmacro rcurry (f &rest args)
>   `(curry rcurry-helper f ,args))

Hmmm, I presume you meant:

   (defmacro rcurry (f &rest args)
     `(curry rcurry-helper f (list ,@args)))

But I think given the way the implementation works, just including the
dividing point as an integer would be faster (can use bcopy instead of
list traversal) and consume less space overall (a vector slot for each
arg is cheaper than a cons cell for each).

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]