Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: 25 May 2004 10:04:59 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:21:09 +0200
>
> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
> > I have experienced various problems with tramp itself while debugging
> > the GC problems -- they certainly need to be fixed before release.
>
> Could you, please, be a little bit more verbose? I guess you mean
> something else but the autorevert problem.

My observations were somehow related to autorevert, specifically I
found tramp looping around calls to accept-process-output (I suppose
tramp was waiting for output that didn't arrive).

You may say that such problems are caused by auto-revert, but I think
that tramp should never wait indefinitely for output that obviously
will never come.  Since tramp calls accept-process-output in a loop,
relying on the timeout on accept-process-output alone is not enough.

++kfs