Re: display word wrapping

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: 26 May 2004 16:50:24 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:29:47PM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> > FYI, doing this is already on my to-do list.
>
> Hey, it's been on my TODO list for _years_... :-)

Then let's just keep it there until we have cranked out 21.4, merged
the Unicode and tty branch and cranked out 22.0.  Somewhere along that
line, if we really must, one can create a branch with significant
display engine modifications like that.  But I think it would probably
be shortsighted to tackle automatic word wrap before the Bidi branch
has been merged as well: that one has a lot of potential for
interference with word wrapping.

We really need to get ourselved wrapped around _finishing_ some stuff
instead of resynching half-baked and new material time and again.