Re: display word wrapping

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:50:38 -0400

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 09:16:27PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Miles, can you think of anything others could do to help speed up the
> process?  Should one perhaps just do a fast scan through the ChangeLog
> since the last Gnus version was checked in, and compare with the
> upstream ChangeLog in order to find whether there are any changes not
> reflected upstream?

Of course I'll look at the ChangeLogs, but people are notoriously bad at
keeping it up-to-date, especially for "trivial" things, and merges, etc.

> And if there aren't, just scratch thinking about
> them and just overwrite everything with the current Gnus versions?

No, I think this would be a mistake -- clearly there _are_ going to be
changes that get accidentally dropped one way or the other other, but I want
to maintain the property that changes made to the emacs Gnus tree are "real"
changes, which won't just disappear in the future.

> In the realm of bugfixes, the scrolling and redisplay behavior might
> still need work.

I still get hit by the "i-search invalid face-cache coredump" occasionally
(see previous threads).  It's very resistant to being found...

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.