Re: Emacs setup assistants

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs setup assistants
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:54:37 -0400

    I disagree.  Power users don't need assistance in setting up something
    that they are already power users at.  But when they need to set up
    something they never did before, they could use assistance.  At least
    I do.

I agree with that.  I would like to have something like assistants for
configuring things that need configuration.

However, we should aim to make assistants easy to use for beginners,
and that is the hard part.  Making them handier for more experienced
(generally) users should be an easier job.