Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:44:14 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> I think we have a pretty good understanding of what the problems are
> in this case: GC problems have been fixed, so it remains to fix that
> tramp is not reentrant.

I would like to discuss the solution with Michael, but I can think of
the following solutions:

(a) Make Tramp barf on reentrant calls.

(b) Make Tramp wait on reentrant calls (by implementing a queue or
    somesuch).

(c) Implement concurrency for reentrant calls (by opening more than
    one connection to the remote end).

Are you okay with all of these, or is one of them a no-no?

Kai