Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 10:31:12 -0400

    (a) Make Tramp barf on reentrant calls.

    (b) Make Tramp wait on reentrant calls (by implementing a queue or

    (c) Implement concurrency for reentrant calls (by opening more than
        one connection to the remote end).

    Are you okay with all of these, or is one of them a no-no?

I have no objection to any of them, but I don't see how (b)
could make sense.  Since Emacs is not multithreaded, a reentrant
invocation is a recursive invocation.  To wait would mean waiting