Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:48:02 +0900

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
> or as Miles suggested:
>
> "Query replace (default %s with %s): "
>
> And your compact default prompt grew so much :-/

This is a case where `minibuffer-electric-default-mode' would really
help...

What do people think of enabling this by default?  Not only does it
reduce minibuffer overflow, but I think it makes the user-interface
more intuitive.

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]