Re: minibuffer-eldef

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: minibuffer-eldef
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:42:15 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I actually prefer the " [...]" syntax over "(default ...)" too[*], but I
>> think it's more important for Emacs to be consistent.
>
> We can be consistent by using [...] everywhere.

Sure.  Feel free to make that argument, but:

  (1) Until you've won everybody over, please use the normal default
      syntax (at least when you're changing core functionality; I'd
      prefer _everywhere_, but it's too exhausting to argue about
      cork-puller-mode or whatever).

  (2) Surely it's an after-the-release sort of thing...?

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."