Help fix this: Bug in sliced XPM images on X -- bad clip mask origin.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Help fix this: Bug in sliced XPM images on X -- bad clip mask origin.
Date: 04 Jun 2004 00:15:50 +0200

Some time ago I installed changes to support image slices, and
it works fine with e.g. png.

However, there are severe problems with sliced XPM images, at least on X.

The clip mask for each slice is taken from top/leftmost part of the
image, rather than the actual slice of the image.  I have tried a
zillion things to setup the clip mask (and rewrite other parts of the
code) to make this work, but to no avail.

So I hereby ask for help from more skilled X people.  How do you setup
the clip mask of an image with an image mask so that XCopyArea will
use the corresponding part of the image mask when copying a slice from
the image ?

Here is some code to illustrate the bug:

(progn
  (setq im2 (find-image '((:type xpm :file "gnus.xpm"))))
  (insert "\n")
  (insert-image im2)
  (insert "\n")
  (insert-sliced-image im2 nil nil 5 4)