Re: query-replace-interactive not documented

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive not documented
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:59:33 +0300

>     What do you think about documenting `query-replace-regexp-eval'
>     in the Emacs manual even without a keybinding?
>
> The reason I did not document it before is that I'm not sure it is
> really very useful.  I never use it.  How many people here actually
> use it?

It is not a frequently used command.  But when there is a need to
replace a regexp with a variable string, it becomes a real time saver.
I have seen people unaware of this command trying to solve a problem
in a too complicated way.  This is one of the commands Emacs users
need to know about to not reinvent the wheel.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/