Re: Bug tracking

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:59:54 -0700 (PDT)

Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:57:51 -0400: Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is not my goal to be "forward-looking" for its own sake.  I made
> this decision based on practicalities.

I understand this but what is practical is quite a subjective issue.
My understanding is that some people raised a question that current
emacs bug tracking mechanism was getting less practical than what was
available out there.

> When you describe my decision to use low tech as an "anachronism",
> that exaggeration means only a sneer at what is unfashionable.
> That is unjust, so please don't do it here.

I am sorry for it sounded as sneering to you.  I have no such
intention.  As network proliferate throughout the society emacs is
becoming net savvy too.  What I wanted to express was let us not go
against it but take advantage of it as long as people without net
connection are not sacrificed.  I do not care about a fashion but the
speed, accuracy, efficiency and convenience of the development.  What
I meant by "anachronism" was that let's not bound rest of the people
to the people who don't have network connection.

I regret I wrote that message.  I should have spent my time for
seeking a solution that I believe is right than writing that
message.  I apologize I wasted your time as well.

-Tak