Re: One possible bug-tracking system.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: One possible bug-tracking system.
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:41:10 +0200

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:31:25 -0400
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> It would be ok to use an existing bug tracking system as long as it is
> easy to use by email.  Rather than proposing difficult alternatives
> such as writing a bug tracker in Emacs, how about looking for one that
> is suitable?

There are a few that would probably be suitable.  I've been testing
Mantis (http://www.mantisbt.org/); not the most featureful bug tracker
out there, but *dead* easy to use and setup (even on Windows, though
that's not a requirement per se).

It doesn't do e-mail, but as it is a MySQL backend and a few PHP scripts,
I don't think would be hard to do an Emacs gateway via e-mail (and
perhaps URL).

You can take a look at http://bugs.mantisbt.org/.  The CVSNT project is
using Mantisbt and their bug database can be accessed at
http://www.cvsnt.org/mantis/login_page.php (though registration is
needed on this one).

                                                                Juanma