Re: Years in copyright notices

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Years in copyright notices
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:22:21 -0400

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:08:41AM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> A Miles pointed out, this will lead to some merge conflicts, but since
> this is legal stuff, we have to accept that inconvenience.

Richard's post indicated that we do _not_ have to `accept that
inconvenience', that it isn't a critical point.

> I can do this if you approve.

Making sure the copyright notices include the appropriate years is reasonable
-- and probably won't result in all that many problems because many files are
already up-to-date -- but changing the date format is apparently not
necessary (according to Richard's post), and will result in many more
conflicts.

-Miles
--
Any man who is a triangle, has thee right, when in Cartesian Space, to
have angles, which when summed, come to know more, nor no less, than