OS X: C-g does not break out of infinite loop

From: John Owens
Subject: OS X: C-g does not break out of infinite loop
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

When sending a large email via FLIM, I could not break
out of the send using C-g. I thought this was a FLIM
problem, but Yoichi Nakayama ably identified it as a
emacs problem (on OS X specifically). The problem is
described in more detail here:

with Yoichi's response (together with a test case that
I can reproduce: C-g on OS X cannot recover from
evaling any of the following three:

1. (condition-case nil (while 1) (error (error "catch
error")) (quit (error "catch quit")))
2. (condition-case nil (while 1) (error (error "catch
3. (while 1)

) at:

(He verified this with GNU Emacs
(powerpc-apple-darwin7.3.0) of 2004-05-08; I also
verified it with GNU Emacs
(powerpc-apple-darwin7.4.0) of 2004-07-07.)

He also points out that C-g has had historical
problems in OS X:

Given that the above message indicates that the 10.2
OS X release allowed support for handling C-g
properly, maybe now's a good time to do so?

Do you Yahoo!?