Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:13:45 -0400

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 11:35:35PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > What do people think about this?
>
> I think Miles objected to having such edits in ChangeLog.

Note that my objection lies in the way that unconstrained ChangeLog edits
made it harder relate the history of two branches (to the extent that you
need to use ChangeLog to do so -- but a well-maintained ChangeLog is a
valuable tool for this purpose, especially if you're using a
non-changeset-oriented source-control system like CVS).  If Kai's "system"
puts well-defined merge-markers into his synthesized ChangeLogs, so you
pretty much tell which changes came from where, it might also be reasonable.

And of course, Kai seems committed to doing all the merging himself... :-)

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen