Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows
Date: 05 Aug 2004 09:26:34 +0200

"Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2004-08-04 22:55, David Kastrup wrote:
> > "Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <address@hidden> writes:
> >> Why? Why should "lusers" install new software on a computer?
> >
> > Because freedom is too important to be contrained to the ranks of
> > revolutionists and appointed Windows administrators?
> By "install new software on a computer", I mean putting software in
> a common location, for all users on the computer to use.

But the meaning here was completely unambiguously referring to putting
software in a location not requiring administrator rights so that the
user may at least be using the software himself.

> Surely you don't suggest that any users should have the abillity to
> do that?

A user wanting to use Emacs should be able to install it for his uses
without having to beg his system administrator.