frame size

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: frame size
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:51:24 -0500 (CDT)

Let us now look at the pixel oriented frame size functions:

Docstring of frame-pixel-height:

    Return a frame's height in pixels.
    This counts only the height available for text lines,
    not menu bars on window-system Emacs frames.

No way, it _does_ count menu bars (and tool bars) as well.  (At least
on GNU/Linux.)  Also, `frame-pixel-width' counts scroll bars, fringes
and the like.

Should we change the behavior or the documentation of
`frame-pixel-height' and `frame-pixel-width'?  I personally would
prefer to keep the code and change the documentation.

Sincerely,

Luc.