Gnus branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Gnus branch
Date: 12 Aug 2004 19:54:54 -0400

I find the separate branch for Gnus to be inconvenient.  Since it seems the
code already works well as it is, I think it makes more sense to move it to
the trunk right away and to then do "merge left over changes" on the trunk
rather than on the branch.  This way more people will test the new code
earlier and we can keep the branch as a pseudo "vendor branch" (where we
only import unmolested code straight from the Gnus repository but where we
never commit ourselves).

I.e. I suggest we:

    cd emacs/lisp/gnus
    cvs update -A
    cvs tag before-gnus-5_10-switch
    cvs update -j gnus-5_10-branch
    cvs commit -m 'switch to v5_10'

The `tag' command is not srictly necessary since the gnus-5_10-branchpoint
tag is equivalent.  And since no activity took place on the trunk of the
gnus code since the creation of the branch, the `update -j' doesn't generate
any conflict.

        Stefan