Re: Gnus branch

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gnus branch
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:08:12 -0400

    Just to clarify: my suggestion is to first merge the gnus branch on the
    trunk and then re-install the local changes that haven't made their way to
    the Gnus repository yet.

This would be a recipe for losing changes.  What I have asked
people to do, and what Reiner offered to do, is to merge our
changes into Gnus in the branch, and only afterward put this
into the trunk.

I do not want our changes to be at any moment lost from the trunk.