Re: Gnus branch

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gnus branch
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:40:33 -0400

    Adding the Gnus related man/*.texi files (and the related changes in
    Makefile.in/makefile.w32-in) to the trunk would lead to
    inconsistencies.  The documentation would not correspond to the Gnus
    code on the trunk.  I don't think this is a good idea.
    Similar for etc/*NEWS.

I don't think it is a problem to have those inconsistencies temporarily,
but you can also wait and do these after the new Gnus files go in.

The point is that these files need to be merged *into* the trunk.