Re: Gnus branch

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Gnus branch
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:51:57 +0200

On Thu, Aug 19 2004, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Some other (maybe) important changes (by Stefan Monnier, Juanma
>     Barranquero, Kim F. Storm, Sam Steingold, ...) have not been installed
>     yet.
>
> Can you identify these changes and merge the ones we need
> into the branch?

I went through the ChangeLog and I have installed the remaining
changes from the Emacs trunk into the Gnus branch in the meantime.  By
merging the gnus-5_10-branch into the trunk now, we won't lose any
relevant changes from the Emacs trunk to the best of my knowledge.

If you agree, I could merge the gnus-5_10-branch to the trunk in the
next days.

If someone who is more familiar with CVS branches and merging, he can
do it instead of me (don't forget the files outside of lisp/gnus[1]).
Else, I will try to follow Stefan's suggestion:

    cd emacs/lisp/gnus
    cvs update -A
    cvs tag before-gnus-5_10-switch
    cvs update -j gnus-5_10-branch
    cvs commit -m 'switch to v5_10'

(... and similar for the other directories.)

Bye, Reiner.

[1] See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/26426
--
       ,,,