dired-x and image viewer

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: dired-x and image viewer
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 06:44:32 +0200

Tools like xloadimage or ghostview are hard coded in dired-x.el; by
default, both these tools are not available on some systems.

For image formats like tif, jpeg, etc. I vote to switch to display (part
of ImageMagick and already used for png) and for PostScript gv might be
more appropriate than ghostview.

At least, consider to add them as an alternative.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)