[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:39:42 +0200
Gnus/5.1006 (Gnus v5.10.6) Emacs/21.3.50 (gnu/linux)
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> It is somewhat unfortunate that one can't find
> `calendar-goto-iso-date' using an apropos search with
> "calendar.*week", but I can't suggest a better name either.
> We could add an alias or trivial interface function named
> calendar-goto-week if that will be useful.
As I argued, an alias would be nice to at least find the functionality
but I still like a function that prompts me for only the week as I
want to use it while being in the middle of a conversation. So I vote
for the "trivial interface function" suggested by Emilio Lopes
<address@hidden> and bind it e.g. to "g w" in calendar-mode:
(defun calendar-goto-iso-week (week year)
"Move cursor to ISO week number WEEK of year YEAR.
Interactively uses the \"current\" year and just asks for a week number."
(let* ((year (extract-calendar-year (calendar-cursor-to-date t)))
(list 1 4 (1+ year))))))))
(format "ISO calendar week (1-%d): " no-weeks)
'(lambda (x) (and (> x 0) (<= x no-weeks))))))
(list week year))))
(calendar-goto-iso-date (list week calendar-week-start-day year)))
This works fine for me.
Each language has its purpose, however humble. Each language expresses
the Yin and Yang of software. Each language has its place within the Tao.
But do not program in COBOL if you can avoid it.
-- The Tao of Programming
Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Emilio Lopes, 2004/09/04
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Emilio Lopes, 2004/09/02
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Kevin Rodgers, 2004/09/02
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Richard Stallman, 2004/09/03
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week,
Detlev Zundel <=
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Ed Reingold, 2004/09/05
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Emilio Lopes, 2004/09/11
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Ed Reingold, 2004/09/11
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Emilio Lopes, 2004/09/12
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Ed Reingold, 2004/09/12
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Emilio Lopes, 2004/09/13
- Re: calendar-goto-iso-week, Ed Reingold, 2004/09/13