Re: New Function vc-annotate-chosen-revision - PATCH

From: jbyler+emacs-lists
Subject: Re: New Function vc-annotate-chosen-revision - PATCH
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:46:32 -0400

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:48:24 -0400, "Stefan Monnier" said:
> >         * vc.el (vc-annotate-chosen-revision): New function.
>
> But C-u C-x v g does basically just that, no?

Well, C-u C-x v g does a similar thing but in a different context: it
lets you annotate a chosen revision of the file in the current buffer.
My new function lets you annotate a chosen revision of the file
*annotated* in the current buffer.  It is meant to be analogous to
vc-annotate-next-version, vc-annotate-prev-version, and
vc-annotate-workfile-version - new functions added in January (I think)
to allow convenient navigation in an annotation buffer.  Now you can
type N, P, or W in an annotate buffer to move to the Next, Previous, or
Workfile version, and I wanted to be able to type V to jump to any
arbitrary version.

-Jesse