Re: ShellExecute failed

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: ShellExecute failed
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:51:04 -0400

Hi Benjamin,

> * Benjamin Riefenstahl <address@hidden> [2004-09-15 18:56:34 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:
>> firefox
>
> When I last installed Firefox on Windows, it left some DDE-related
> stuff from IE in the file association entries in the registry.  This
> lead to similar behaviour when double-clicking some URL shortcuts in
> Windows Explorer.
>
> Check your registry entries for "http", ".html" and/or whatever the
> actual file type is called and delete the DDE stuff.

indeed, removing
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\ddeexec\
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\https\shell\open\ddeexec\
solved the problem.
thanks!

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
If abortion is murder, then oral sex is cannibalism.