Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:21:44 +0200

Oliver Scholz <address@hidden> writes:

> I think we need a way for merging categories, if those are supposed to
> be used.
>
> (section stylesheets: specifying both character and paragraph
> formatting properties)
>
> paragraph stylesheets: specifying both character and paragraph
> formatting properties
>
> character stylesheets: specifying only character formatting
> properties
>
> explicit setting of propeties, bother character and paragraph
> formatting.

Maybe we could allow 'category to take a value which is a list
of category symbols -- and then use those categories in order, i.e.
when looking for a specific property, use the first occurrence.

Just like an explicit property should (does?) take precedence over
a property from a category.

Like this:

     'category '(char-style para-style sect-style)