Re: Etags & Ebrowse: Recurse support

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: Etags & Ebrowse: Recurse support
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:45:23 +0200

Dhruva Krishnamurthy <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. I cannot use 'find . -type f | xargs etags .....
>     Because the command line argument has a size limit.

>From the Emacs manual:

    When you want to make a tags table from a great number of files,
    you may have problems listing them on the command line, because
    some systems have a limit on its length. The simplest way to
    circumvent this limit is to tell `etags' to read the file names
    from its standard input, by typing a dash in place of the file
    names, like this:

        find . -name "*.[chCH]" -print | etags -

Johan Bockgård