Re: address@hidden: Re: Possible help with stable Emacs releases.]

From: Jérôme Marant
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Possible help with stable Emacs releases.]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:42:31 +0200

Selon Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:

> I think the issue of whether we can do 2 or not is mostly irrelevant: if the
> pretests take too much time, then we necessarily won't make them more often.
> I.e. if it works it works and if it doesn't, then it works as before.
> I don't see what's to discuss.

But if people think this change in the management of bugfix releases
is a good thing, aren't they going to do everything for it to succeed?
Let's clarify: we do propose to add more manpower for doing the
"dirty job" (honestly, noone loves tracking bugs), but it will never
work without a little cooperation from Emacs developers.
Can I have a guaranty that I'll never be pissed off or ignored on
blocking situations? ("go fuck yourself! You wanted to do the job,
you'll have to do this without us!")

--
Jérôme Marant